How it Works
At ConfiKids, we believe every child should have the opportunity to participate regardless of the ability to pay for the enrichment program that suits them.
We serve the following children:
- Grades 1-8
- Residents of Barnstable, Bristol, Norfolk, or Plymouth counties in Massachusetts
- On the Free Lunch Program at school (form required)
Examples of what we will provide funding for:
- Town youth sports
- Music lessons
- Art lessons
- Gymnastic Lessons
What we will not provide funding for:
- Certain Club Teams
- Summer camps that are not focused on one art/ music/ sports develop
- Any sleepover camps
- Strictly Educational Programs
- Several activities at one time for one child. We have a strict one activity at a time policy.
- ConfiKids funds children on a Quarterly basis.
- Our Quarters are as follows:
- January 1- March 31
- April 1 – June 30
- July 1 – September 30
- October 1 – December 31
- Each Quarter presently has a $25,000 budget unless indicated otherwise.
- If funds have been depleted before a Quarter end date, we will close the Quarter and reopen the next Quarter. If your application is declined due to lack of funds, please resubmit your child’s application at the start of the next Quarter.
- Our first priority is to the children we are already funding in their programs, our mission is to have them grow in confidence and not end their funding, and possibly training. This is no guarantee for continual funding but it is our objective.
How to Apply:
- Anyone can apply on behalf of a child (parent, guardian, teacher, etc.).
- Fill out the online application here in its entirety (missing information delays the process).
If you are applying for multiple children in your family, please fill out an application for each child separately. Applications with multiple children on one form will be declined.
- Email the Free Lunch Program Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Child’s Name, Lunch Program Form”.
Please note – During the COVID Pandemic, all children regardless of financial situation, are receiving Free Lunch at school. The letter Confikids requires is one of financial inability to purchase lunch.
What happens next:
- Once the application and the Free lunch form is received, ConfiKids will then review the application. Please note – we will not review any application until all paperwork has been submitted.
- ConfiKids often needs to communicate directly with the Business/ Organization in which you are requesting funding to confirm enrollment and pricing.
- ConfiKids will then let you know whether you are approved or denied for funding. Please note – this process can take 2-3 weeks to complete. Please feel free to check in on your child’s application but we cannot rush any application through the process due to the volume of applications we review.
- If you are denied but would like further explanation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- If your application is accepted, we will let you know and issue payment directly to the business for the child’s enrollment into the requested activity once we confirm your child is registered. We will not pay a parent directly for reimbursement of a program.
- Once a child is accepted, ConfiKids asks that if the child then chooses not to participate, or suffers an injury or illness preventing them from completing the activity, that you email us and let us know. In many cases, we can request a refund from the business, which will allow us to help your child in the future, or another child in need.